2006 Baseball Season
Written by: League Administrator
Monday, February 20, 2006
The 2006 MYAA Cal Ripken baseball season will be starting up in just a few short weeks. In an effort to make things easier for everyone and to answer as many questions as possible about the program, the commissioners and board members of MYAA Baseball have been hard at work setting up rules and guidelines for the 2006 season.
Our goal was to standardize as much as possible within all age groups, making the transition from one league to the next easier for all of the players. There are several changes from previous years, so you may want to read through the documents that pertain to your childs league.
Right here on the website you will find downloadable PDF files on all of the following documents (right hand side of the site, just below recent news):
1) Rules and a general overview of each league and the goals for all age groups
2) An overview of our coachs responsibilities
3) A document that outlines the MYAA Travel Baseball Program
You will also find information and an application for sponsorship of teams and the MYAA baseball program. Please consider supporting the league with a sponsorship. It is a great way to give back to the community and also to market your business!
Im sure everyone is wondering exactly when everything will get started. Here are some important dates to mark in your calendars:
1) Week of March 20th coaches will contact the players on their team
2) Saturday March 25th - practice begins!
3) Saturday April 8th Field Day (rain date is Sunday April 9th). After a hard winter, there are many repairs and upgrades needed on our fields. Our annual field day at the Hartford Crossing complex helps us prepare the fields for the long season. Coaches are responsible for having at least one volunteer come to Field Day from their team for the day (it can be any parent or coach). Additional volunteers are of course welcome! If each team has one volunteer, we would have well over 60 people helping out.
4) Saturday April 22nd Play ball the games begin!
More information will be coming to you via your leagues commissioner in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your age groups commissioner directly. Here are the 2006 Commissioners for MYAA Baseball:
T- ball (ages 5 and 6): Marc Mongulla
Rookie Leagues (ages 7 and 8): Dennis Boyle
Minor League (ages 9 and 10): John Beachy
Major League (ages 11 and 12): Greg Blemlek
Travel Baseball: Craig Wigley
MYAA Baseball President: Mark Harris
All of their emails are available here on the web site check the quick links at the top left and click on board members.
Thank you for your support of the MYAA baseball program. We are looking forward to a fantastic season!
MYAA Cal Ripken Baseball Commissioner
© 2018 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.