2011 MYAA BASEBALL STRUCTURE ANNOUNCEMENT
Written by: League Administrator
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
- Summary: In 2011 MYAA Baseball will under go a bit of a make over. The attempt in this redesign is to offer a great baseball experience to all kids of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />MedfordTownship regardless of their level of skill. In 2011 MYAA will offer Travel Baseball, (AAA) REC Ball & (AA) REC Ball, Coach Pitch & Tee Ball. These different options and requirements are further explained below.
- Travel Baseball: MYAA will offer Travel Baseball beginning at age 7 through age 18 provided there is enough participation at each age group. Should participation numbers remain constant with the past several years the plan is to have two travel teams at every age group from 8 through High School. Each of the two teams at a respective age group will be designated as either the "Columbia" team or the "Navy" team. Both teams will be required to have the same uniforms to make movement from either team easier and manageable. There will be a strong emphasis this year on movement between the teams. Travel Baseball as in years past requires a significant commitment by both the parents and the player. Travel players can expect a minimum of 3 baseball experiences per week, weekend games/tournaments, and a season that can begin in March and extend into late July and early August in some cases. Tryouts for travel baseball will begin in Early to Mid January.
- (AAA) REC: AAA REC will be an in town REC league comprised of both the NAVY and the COLUMBIA participants. Two age groups will be combined to form 4 teams that will play a 10 game schedule. Games will be played once per week. (Example: 11/12 Division will have roughly 48 players drafted on to 4 teams. These players will be the Navy& Columbia travel team players at age 12 and the Navy & Columbia travel players at age 11). The plan is the have 3 AAA divisions: 9/10 year olds, 11/12 year olds & 13to15 year olds.
- (AA) REC: AA REC will be an in town REC league comprised of both travel and NON travel players depending on the division. The plan (based on participation) is to have the following divisions within AA REC: 1st Grade Machine pitch (7yrs), 2nd Grade Kid Pitch (8yrs), 3rd/4th Grade (9yrs & 10yrs), 5th/6th Grade (11yrs & 12yrs) & Babe Ruth (13 to 15 yr olds). The AA REC leagues purpose is to have kids of equal skill sets competing against one another in an effort to make it more enjoyable for the player. At ages 9 through 15 the respective divisions will consist of all NON Travel players. Every 7 and 8 year old will play in this league in their respective division. Each participant can expect to have 3 baseball experiences per week beginning in March and ending in Early June.
- Coach Pitch: The objective of this League is to help the kids transition from Tee Ball to baseball. The number of teams is based on the number of registrations and teams are created based largely on School or Geographic location. Kids participating in this league can expect a minimum of 2 baseball experiences per week beginning in early April and ending in early June. More detailed information on this league can be found on the MYAA Baseball website (www.myaabaseball.com) under K League Rules 2009 on the right hand side of the home page.
- Tee Ball: The objective of this League is to introduce the kids to the game of Baseball. The number of teams will be based on registrations and teams are created based on School attended and/or Geographic location. Kids participating in this league can expect a minimum of 2 baseball experiences per week beginning in early April and ending early June. More detailed information on this league can be found on the MYAA Baseball website (www.myaabaseball.com) under Pre K League Rules 2009 on the right hand side of the home page.
- District Teams: District coaches will be selected by a district committee in Early April. District Teams will be selected and announced no later than May 31st. District teams will be selected from the participants of both the AAA and AA rec teams. Any participant of both the AAA & AA rec leagues meeting the requirements as set forth by Cal Ripken Baseball/Babe Ruth Baseball will be considered for their respective District Team.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
© 2018 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.